The Paulista railway was Brazil's largest operator of electric locomotives, between 1921 and 1968 acquiring 90 3kV locomotives of nine basic types. Electric operation ceased in 1999. This is an impressive documentation of these locomotives, their construction and operation, from the early box-cabs, over the huge 2-C+C-2s and 2-D+D-2s (the latter originally intended for the Soviet Union) to the locally built Vandecas. The full text is in English as well as Portuguese and is illustrated by a wealth of photographs, largely in colour. 240 pages 21x28 cm, hb.