Thorough history of the narrow gauge lines in the province of Swietokrzyski and the northern part of the province of Malopolskie (north of Krakow). The first lines were built to 600 and 700mm gauge at the end of the 19th century. The world wars brought many changes, and in 1950-54 the lines were widened to 750mm gauge with modern new equipment. Passenger service ceased in 1986, goods in 1993, but JedrzejowUmianowicePinczow is preserved as a tourist railway. The book includes detailed lists of locomotives and rolling stock for 600 and 750mm gauge, 445 photographs, line drawings, track plans and maps. The text is in Polish with good summaries in English and German. 227 pages A4, hb.